John Snow Incorporated (JSI), is a public health research and technical assistant firm dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. It manages the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT and the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project in the Nigeria office.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Logistics Advisor, Public Health
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Starting Date: 01/05/2017
* The Strengthening High Impact Interventions for an AIDS-free Generation (AIDSFree) Project is a five-year program funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development under Cooperative Agreement AID-OAA-14-000001. AIDSFree is implemented by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with partners Abt Associates, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, EnCompass LLC, IMA World Health, The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Jhpiego Corporation, and PATH. AIDSFree advances the implementation of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief by providing capacity development and technical support to USAID missions, host-country governments, and HIV implementers at the local, regional, and national level.
* In Nigeria, AIDSFree is implementing a project, entitled Sustainable Condom Market. Under this project, AIDSFree will increase vulnerable and key population demand for - and access to - condoms, using a total market approach. This will require project engagement across the public, social marketing and commercial sectors to ensure a sustainable condom market.
* JSI is recruiting a Logistics Advisor to lead AIDSFree Nigeria’s day-to-day commodity logistics technical assistance activities in support of project partners operating in selected states.
* The Logistics Advisor will report to the Chief of Party.
Specific Tasks include:
* Help implement condom supply chain activities as described in the AIDSFree workplan.
* Support the establishment and routine meetings of procurement and supply management coordination working groups and committees for condoms.
* Provide technical leadership and support for quantification and procurement planning of condoms, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners
* Facilitate the design and implementation of assessment and evaluation studies; analyze and present results to stakeholders
* Provide technical input in developing Standard Operative Procedures (SOPs) for routine PSM activities for condoms
* Provide technical input in updating/adapting training curricula and in training state, LGA, and SDP-level program and logistics officers in implementing and monitoring adherence to condoms supply chain system SOPs
* Support AIDSFree Nigeria management on initiating and maintaining relationships and routine communications with USAID, UNFPA, SFH, DKT, Heartland Alliance, and other stakeholders
* Contribute to project quarterly and annual reports
* Work with Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) providers to provide required TA for activities and also facilitate transfer of skills to local staff and partners.
* Contribute to identifying best practices and success stories for JSI Nigeria’s periodic logistics bulletin
* Any other duties as assigned
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
* Master’s Degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Logistics Management or Business Administration
* Three years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in health care supply chain management
* Specific experience in Reproductive Health and/or HIV/AIDS programs strongly desired
* Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health service programs
* Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector and the supply chain for health commodities.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
* A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Ability and willingness to travel in the field
Commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!