John Snow Incorporated (JSI), is recruiting on behalf of Measure Evaluation Phase IV, for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Position: Senior Technical Adviser on Surveillance Systems
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The Senior Technical Advisor on Surveillance Systems position will be located within the office of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) in Abuja, Nigeria, and under the supervision of the MEASURE Evaluation Nigeria Chief of Party.
In close collaboration with the NCDC and other key FMOH partners the incumbent will:
* Provide technical support to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), the Epidemiological unit of the Federal Ministry of Health and State Ministries of Health with the aim of strengthening the national capacity for control of tuberculosis and leprosy as well as strengthening surveillance system in general;
* Conduct a quick assessment of current reporting and surveillance / notification system for TB in Nigeria; and Build the capacity of the IDSR system to report on TB diagnosis and outcome in public and private sector with an emphasis on the facilities not currently enrolled or reporting to the National TB control gram, among other duties.
* Medical Degree with a post graduate qualification in Public Health or PhD in Epidemiology from a recognized university preferred;
* Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experiences including experience at the international level and planning and implementing TB programs at national and sub national levels in developing countries;
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in surveillance and control of infectious diseases; Knowledge of the Nigeria epidemiological policies and activities relevant to the duties listed above;
* Experience in providing technical support to implementing USAID/USG programs or interventions will be an advantage;
* Strong inter-personal skills and abilityto work well in team; and Diplomacy and tact to work effectively and harmoniously across partners, host country counterparts, USAID, consultants, other donors and international organizations.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW UPDATES: 2017 Training Schedule for Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS), First Aid, CPR and AED Course