The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Hygiene Promotion Officer
Contract Length: 7 months with possibility of extension
Level: SB3 (National Contract)
Start Date: As soon as possible
* Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Hygiene Promotion (HP) Officer
* The Hygiene Promotion (HP) Officer’s primary function is to ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up Hygiene Promotion activities being implemented by DRC.
Duties and Responsibilities
* General Programming & Operations
* Facilitate formation of community structures in hygiene promotion and strengthening of the existing structures such as WASH Committees through trainings sensitization workshops and other hygiene promotion awareness campaigns.
* Design, develop and implement appropriate HP mobilization strategies for DRC’s WASH projects.
* Develop hygiene promotion work plans for multi-funded projects.
* Ensure efficient and Effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
* Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
* Mobilization of beneficiary communities to maintain the established/rehabilitated/ protected water sources.
* Lead the WASH team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises.
* Coordination and representation
* Collaborate with relevant Internal and External technical experts on issues related to Hygiene Promotion.
* Represent DRC at WASH meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings.
* Ensure integration of WASH activities with other DRC sectors.
* Coordinate with WASH and Shelter counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
* Ensure good representation and reputation of WASH and Shelter sector at all levels.
* Actively participate in internal coordination meeting
* Ensure and actively participate in regular sector meetings.
* Project development
* Develop project plans and budgets for funding
* Develop the projects’ M&E tools
* Project implementation and reporting
* Ensure management of WASH project grants through budget control.
* Monitor and Evaluate WASH Projects.
* Ensure quality control during implementation of WASH activities in accordance to Sphere and National standards.
* Prepare WASH weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to relevant authorities as per need.
* Staff management
* Supervise WASH Assistants.
* Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the WASH staff members and community based mechanisms in operational areas as needed.
* Develop staff performance measurement and targets for the WASH assistants and appraise them based on the set targets.
* Conduct daily field visits or as required to ensure WASH tasks are going on as planned and mentoring - through technical back stopping and training of duty bearers.
* Support the Senior WASH Officer and Manager to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-ups.
* Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas.
* Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
* Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
* Contribute to grants management of all WASH projects through management of day to day project expenditures.
* Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health Science, Biological Sciences, Public Health or Nursing degrees from recognized institution
* At least 2 years’ experience in planning, implementing and evaluating hygiene promotion projects preferably in a humanitarian context with an INGO.
* Thorough knowledge of Hygiene Promotion Approaches, training of trainers and facilitating menstrual hygiene sessions for women and girls.
* Understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
* Good IT skills (especially Ms.Office)
* Should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
* Understanding of rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women
* Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
* Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
* Experience working with displaced populations.
* Experiencing of managing teams
Application Closing Date
24th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letters, indicating and explaining their suitability to the position applied for, and updated CV's (no longer than four pages) in English and addressed to the Recruitment Manager via: email@example.com The position title must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
* Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. * Please do not attach any written recommendations.
* Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
* Please note: Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!