The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: AD-HOC Senior Program Officer, Laboratory
Immediate Supervisor/Reports to: Program Manager, Associate Director (AD) and Director Clinical Laboratory Services.
* IHVN has been the Principal Recipient for the Global Fund DR-TB Grant since June 2011 till date.
* The objectives of the grant include surveillance for Drug Resistant TB (DR-TB), support for treatment at health facilities and the community level.
* The AD-HOC Senior Program Officer is to ensure pre-analytical and post-analytical phases of TB tests are carried out in accordance with standard operating procedures and to ensure coordination of laboratory activities.
The AD-HOC Senior Program Officer should have the ability and expertise to::
* Prepare TB panels and administration for basic and advanced tests.
* Participate in design of TB Reference laboratories.
* Coordinate the Quality Management System of the TB Reference laboratory.
* Coordinate activation of TB Reference, GeneXpert sites and smear microscopy laboratories
* Participate in the development of national guidelines and policies, supervision checklists, procedures & manuals on TB.
* Facilitate all TB trainings (Smear Microscopy, TB Culture (Solid and Liquid), Molecular TB Diagnosis (GeneXpert and Line Probe Assay), DST (1st and 2nd line), TB EQA, TB sample transport logistics and biosafety.
* Participate in setting up and coordinating a continuous quality improvement plan for the Laboratories.
* Participate in review of reports (site visits, mentoring and supervision etc.) and follow up on challenges.
* Represent at local, national and international meetings.
* Provide appropriate technical support and mentoring to TB Reference Laboratories
* Participate in onsite data validation exercises with state programs, GeneXpert sites, reference laboratories and DOTs centres.
* Participate in the TB laboratory Logistic Management.
* Liaise with the State TB and Leprosy Control Officers (STBLCOS), DR-TB focal persons to understand and ensure smooth running of Lab component of the PMDT in the States.
* Key into the state monthly/quarterly Work plan for supportive supervision to patients in the community.
* Ensure that laboratory national data capturing (recording and reporting) tools are available, properly and completely filled.
* Track investigation results from responsible labs to ensure that they are sent back to the state TB program or treatment centres within the turnaround time.
* Liaise with other relevant lab staff to oversee the follow up investigations for all DR-TB patients in DR-TB treatment centres, ambulatory phase and community initiation (including baseline Drug Susceptibility Testing for patients) and patients in the continuation phase across the country.
* Ensure that electronic lab management information systems are functional and up-to-date at all levels (state, treatment centre & reference laboratory).
* Follow up with TB reference laboratories management and finance department to ensure timely availability of funds and optimal utilization.
* Assist in coordinating TB related research and training activities that will require the use of the laboratory facilities.
* Support activation of sites for GeneXpert, Fluorescent Microscopy and TB Culture/LPA.
* Collate reports and report appropriately.
* Perform every other duty necessary for the successful implementation of the GF programs.
The AD-HOC Senior Program Officer should have the following qualifications:
* A degree in Medical Laboratory Science (sub-specialty in Microbiology) registrable with MLSCN. A master’s degree in relevant sub-specialty will be an advantage.
* Licensed Medical Laboratory Scientist.
* Minimum of 5 years’ working experience.
* Work experience in a TB Reference Laboratory is required.
* Experience working with donor funders (PEPFAR & GF).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrate a cooperative attitude in relationships with co-workers and other personnel.
* Contribute to the laboratory’s Quality Management System (QMS) and quality control program by observing written policy and procedures.
* Maintain confidentiality of patients, patient results and project operations.
* Experience in TB smear microscopy, GeneXpert MTB/RIF, TB Culture, Drug susceptibility and Line Probe Assay tests.
* Experience working with diagnostic laboratory.
* Must be creative, proactive and be able to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be willing to learn new skills.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Excellent communication skills in English (written/verbal).
Application Closing Date
17th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the "Associate Director, Human Resources" through this email address: email@example.com
Note: Candidates should indicate appropriate position and preferred location in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!