Our client is a growing family practice in Lagos that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high quality patient-centered family medicine.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patient experience, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute in a rapidly growing organization.
Job title: Laboratory Scientist
Job Location: Lagos
Job summary: The Medical Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for performing laboratory tests that provide physicians with information that assists them in preventing, diagnosing and treating diseases and maintaining patient wellness.
Key tasks and responsibilities
· Perform tasks, duties and/or complex tests in all areas of the laboratory assigned (hematology, bacteriology, microscopy, routine chemistry) according to established laboratory protocols and procedures.
· Process specimens utilizing protocols and technical knowledge
· Calibrate, standardize and maintain instruments following established procedures.
· Perform quality control, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting protocols to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents and procedures
· Validates and reports results of tests performed.
· Delivers patients reports according to times indicated in policy and collection manual.
· Researches and develops new procedures as required.
· Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)
· Candidate must be registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN)
· Candidate must possess current practicing license.
· Should be able to perform hematological, chemical pathological and microbiological analysis
Years of experience
· At least 5 years post qualification
Key competencies and attributes
· Knowledge and use of laboratory automation
· Ability to use good judgment and work under pressure
· Attention to details
· An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Exceptional client interaction and relationship management skills
· Innovative approach to resolving challenges
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a CV to email@example.com with the subject: Laboratory Scientist- Lagos
Please note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Kindly ensure that your e-mail addresses and telephone numbers are active and valid.
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld