The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
Since its creation in 2009, ALIMA has treated over 1,500,000 patients in 34 medical projects in some of the most challenging humanitarian contexts in the world. ALIMA’s team has grown from seven co-founders to 1,500 staff, its budget from 250,000 euros to 24 million in 2015, its network of medical partners from two to five, and its research activities from pilot phases to conducting the first large-scale clinical trial of anti-Ebola treatment in Guinea.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Mission (Male / Female)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Mission and Main Activities
* The Head of Mission is the representative of ALIMA in Nigeria at Federal Level as well as at local level in Borno State.
* He/She is here to manage the Nigeria mission, by ensuring that the functioning of Monguno and Maiduguri projects is matching ALIMA’s main objective in Borno State: to save lives in such a high mortality rate context of emergency.
* The Chief of Mission reports directly to the Emergency Department Manager in the Headquarters.
* Within the following frame, the HoM is independent and responsible to define and achieve the following operational objectives:
We want to provide and ensure an appropriate medical response in emergency:
* A permanent monitoring of the political, humanitarian and health situation of the state (+ surrounding states in Nigeria + surrounding countries)
* Analysis of the consequences of an intervention of ALIMA (risks, constraints, priorities)
* A rational use of means and resources to carry out emergency projects
* Projects implementation supervision
We want to be known and accepted by the population as well as concerned authorities in Nigeria:
* Negotiation/facilitation of collaborations and agreements between ALIMA and local authorities in Nigeria
* Permanent follow up of potential emergencies in the Northern part of Nigeria
* An active and developed network in Nigeria
* Key persons/institutions (information, exploratory missions)
We want to protect our beneficiaries and our team from the high and volatile insecurity:
* Safety of staff : security policies, analyze of external risks and threats, updates of relative events, good practices
* Support of the Emergency Department Manager
Our 4-month presence has shown us how worrying the medical situation of Nigerian populations in Borno State is: we want to deploy the necessary means to stay:
* Beneficiaries oriented action.
* Project proposals according to the needs on field.
* Operational reports
* Projects evolution evaluation
* Potential for opening new projects
* Internal and external communication policy for the project
We need a solid and cohesive team on the field, to provide the best and in time care:
* Team management
* Climate of trust and collaboration
* ALIMA’s team management following the needs (so objectives) on the field
* Leading, briefing/debriefing, coaching, etc. of team members
Experienced and Skills
* University degree in Medicine, Public Health or Paramedical, International Relations or any other relevant education
* Project management experiences with international medical NGO, at least two years
* Experience in Security Management
* Strategic vision
* People management
* Negotiation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Language: English is mandatory (written, read, spoken), French is an asset.
* Contract term: contract under French law, contract length: 3 to 6 months
* Position to be filled: between 15th of September and 15th of October
* Salary: depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA pays for:
* Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
* Accommodation costs
* Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
* Evacuation of the employee
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and covering letter to: email@example.com with the reference "Nigeria Head of Mission" in the subject line.
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!